- 1/3 cup chopped pecans ( I used chopped twix instead)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp strong coffee or 1 tsp coffee liqueur ( I used vanilla instead)
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips ( I didn't use because I had the Twix)
1) Preheat oven 350 F. If you are using the pecans, spread them evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes until they are fragrant and toasted. Remove and set aside.
2) Grease a 9 inch sq. pan and line the bottom with parchment. Cream together butter and sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Mix in egg and coffee. 3) Add the quinoa flour, toffee bits, baking soda and salt. Mix thoroughly and press into the baking dish. Bake on the center oven rack for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
4) Remove from the oven and sprinkle evenly with the chocolate chips. Return to oven for 1 minute. Using a butter knife spread the melted chocolate chips evenly across the baked dough. Sprinkle immediately with the toasted pecans. Cool completely before cutting into squares. Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for a month.
I tried very very hard to not try a piece before I went to bed, well that did not happen. SO Yummy. Sadly Brad never got to try these as they were brought to work and gobbled up pretty quickly. As I also got yelled at for not making enough. Another hit! I think I will look for other ways to use this toffee base in the future.... Hmmm... What to do? Any suggestions out there?
MEG's RATING D-EEEE-LICIOUS!!