- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans (again I used the praline pecans)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Bourbon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
2) Combine flour, baking powder, spices, and salt in a bowl. Add half the flour mixture to the mixer and mix until just incorporated. Add the milk and combine. Add the remaining flour and combine.
3) Finally, add the bourbon and 1 cup chopped pecans and stir in just until incorporated. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes.
Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
4) Make Bourbon syrup: Bring sugar and water to boil and boil for 5 minutes. Add butter, bourbon and vanilla and boil for another 2 minutes until it begins to thicken. Remove from heat and brush cake with syrup.
These were quite nice, moist and just the right amount of bourbon. I tried the cake with and without the glaze and enjoyed it both ways, even after the boiling the bourbon flavour was there but not over powering and the pecans added a nice crunch.
MEG's RATING: D-EEEE-LICIOUS (Cakes with pumpkin just always come out so nice)