(Adapted from Quinoa 365)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray the mini cheesecake pan tray with cooking spray or lightly grease with butter.
2) Cream butter and sugar in your stand mixer bowl or in a large bowl using a hand mixer until smooth. Add the eggs, yogurt and vanilla. Beat until combined and creamy
3) In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients and the lemon zest. Mix together
4) Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and beat on low speed until incorporated about 1-2 min. Using a 1/3 cup scoop pour each into the mini tins.
5) Bake for 25-30 min or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan about 5 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
6) Combine the lemon juice and sugar in a small ramekin, mix to dissolve sugar and warm in microwave about 30 secs. Poke holes in the top of the cakes and using a pastry brush, brush the glaze over top the cakes. Store in an air tight container.
Moist and delicious. The perfect way to welcome in the sun. We are ready for you spring!
MEG's RATING : D-EEE-LICIOUS!