(adapted from The Big Book of Baking)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup apple cinnamon cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9x13 pan with tin foil allowing enough to hang over two opposing sides. Spray with non stick spray.
2) In your mixer bowl with a paddle attachment or a large bowl, whip the butter and sugar until creamed and fluffy. Slowly add the eggs, beating on low.
3) Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into the creamed mixture and mix on low until just combined. Fold in the sour cream, add the walnuts and cranberries when sour cream just about combined.
5) Bake for about 45 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean. Let the squares cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then place on a wire rack.
If you like cinnamon you will love these. Fluffy and delicious. This recipe could actually be used as a cake or cupcake recipe as well. I was actually a little sad I had to give these away. Luckily I packaged them into little bags of two and I had one extra as a little treat for me.
MEG's RATING: D-EEE-LICIOUS!