Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 oreo cookies, crushed
1) Add egg yolk and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside
2) Combine sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt in a sauce pan and whisk together.
3) Slowly stir in peanut butter, milk and cream, heat over medium-high heat whisking constantly until milk begins to boil and the liquid begins to thicken.
4) Temper in the hot liquid into the egg yolk, by pouring a small amount into the egg yolk, whisk as you pour to combine and prevent the egg yolk from cooking. Once combined add in the rest of the mixture, whisking all together.
7) Once it has completed its cycle in your machine, transfer it to a container for storage in the freezer. The ice cream is best frozen for a few hours.
It is as good as it sounds. The family was impressed and my ice cream love continues. My mother in law actually got her own ice cream maker attachment for her birthday. This treat turned out to be a nice little preview of what she can now do. The family has put in their summer cottage ice cream requests.
MEG's RATING : D-EEEEE-LICIOUS!!