|Cookie dough secret weapon|
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup mini fudge chips
- 1/2 cup skor bits
- 3/4 cup (4-6 oz) of dark chocolate to coat the truffles
1) In your mixer bowl or a large bowl, cream the butter, vanilla and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
2) Slowly add flour, alternately with condensed milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips and skor bits. Set aside half and form the remaining half into 1 inch balls.
|Want to eat the bowl..Go for it. No raw eggs here|
COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 cups half and half (10% cream)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Cookie dough from above
1) Add egg yolk and vanilla paste in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside
4) Temper in the hot liquid into the yolk/vanilla mixture pouring about 1/2 cup or so in and whisking to combine and not scramble the eggs. Pour in the remaining liquid and whisk to combine fully.
5) Cover the liquid with saran wrap, placing the saran directly on the liquid to prevent a film from forming.
6) Place the mixture in your ice cream maker or frozen bowl attachment. Follow the instructions as provided. Mine is 20-30 min of churning.
7) In the last 10 minutes, slowly add the cookie dough in teaspoon size pieces so that it is mixed well through out the mixture.
8) Freezer for several hours or overnight.
MEG's RATING : D-EEEE-LICIOUS
Next time I might add more cookie dough otherwise wonderful. I could eat a million of those truffles!