Wow, this was a fast year. I can't believe I have been blogging for a full year. It has been a year of so many wonderful sweets, treats and ice cream. It has been a year of learning more about photography, styling and baking techniques. It has been a whole lot of fun. I hope you have enjoyed my adventures in baking over the last year. There will be a lot more to come. For my 1 year Blogiversary I am celebrating with a great fall dessert, Pumpkin Cupcakes. I also bought myself the new blue cake stand for only $5. Sweet! Pumpkin cupcakes are one of my all time favorite fall desserts to bake. Which actually leads me into my first giveaway. I bought the "Baked" cookbooks on the weekend and I have decided to give one away so I can share their wonderful recipes with one of you. These guys really know how to add a sweet twist to things and have come up with some pretty cool recipes. .Let me know your favorite fall dessert or meal to make or give me suggestions of things to bake with apples (other than crumble or pie). One random person will get one of the "BAKED" cookbooks for anyone who responds by September 15th @ 12pm EST. Baked - New Frontiers in Baking or Baked Explorations. I am not sure which one yet but the recipes in either one are equally tempting.
Enjoy these pumpkin cupcakes and I can't wait to hear what you love.
(Adapted from Martha Stewart)
INGREDIENTS:Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 can (7.5 ounces) pure pumpkin puree
- 8 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- confectioners sugar
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a medium bowl and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and eggs. Add dry ingredients, and whisk until smooth. Fold in pumpkin puree.
3) Using a 1/4 cup scoop, add batter to liners, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, and a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool before icing.
4) Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and sugar until completely combined and smooth. Place in a piping bag and swirl onto cupcakes.
MEG's RATING : D-EEEEE-LICIOUS!
There is a reason I love these, they always turn out so well. They are moist and perfectly pumpkin. The cream cheese icing is the perfect companion, smooth, sweet and creamy. YUM! I can't help but make these over and over again.
I am looking forward to another year of baking. New recipes, new challenges and new fun.
Thanks to everyone for reading.
Check out this link for tons more pumpkin recipes from family fresh cooking--> Pumpkin Recipes