I bought myself a Christmas present on boxing week. A new Sigma 50mm f2.8 macro lens. It is quite wonderful. Not having the ability to zoom throws me off and makes me realize I need a better photography space. It is definitely going to be a fun year playing with this thing. I am also looking forward to going out into nature and taking some random shots. Hopefully it will also force me to expand my creative photography as well.
I told you I was going to attempt some healthier recipes and some gluten free recipes this year. This one is both. Quick breads are a good place to start when you are experimenting with different kinds of flours or gluten free options. They often have simple preparation methods using just the wet-dry combination method and generally require less critical combining techniques. This recipe is no exception. Combine dry, combine wet - mix together and bake.
Gluten Free Almond Banana Bread
(Adapted from Eat the Cookie)
|Coconut Oil - needs to be melted|
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp chai seeds
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup agave
- 2 large eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a loaf pan non stick spray.
2) In a large bowl whisk together all dry ingredients.
3) Mash up the bananas - I used my mini processor you don't have to.
4) In another large bowl or mixer bowl, add all remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix on low until almost combined.
6) Add walnuts and chopped chocolate and mix on low until just incorporated.
7) Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40 -45 minutes - until a toothpick comes out clean.
8) Let loaf cool in pan for an hour before trying to remove from pan.
You would never ever know this bread is gluten free and made with almond meal. It turned out so well. Moist, nutty, airy and frankly my new favorite. Cheers to healthy alternatives.
MEG's RATING: D-EEEEE-LICIOUS!