Did anyone watch the Golden Globes last night? I sat here staring at my screen for quite some time not writing any thing. Every time I tempted to write something I lost my train of thought and then got distracted again by pretty dresses and handsome men.
Something about pears..don't remember, George Clooney arrived. Dried Cherries, blah blah, don't remember Adam Levine showed up. And then I was laughing at Ricky Gervais. Not mean and still funny.
Back to crumble pies..., I love any kind of crumble. Any fruit, any nut, bring it on. Crumbles are easy, almost impossible to screw up, sweet, tart, nutty and crunchy all in one bite. What's not to love?
What are your favorite crumble flavours?
Pear Cherry Crumble Pie
(adapted from Fine Cooking)
- 1 Pie Crust - pre-made or homemade (whatever you have time for - mine was pre-made)
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4-5 Barlett pears, peeled, chopped & cubed
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2) Combine all filling ingredients in a bowl and toss together to coat the pears with the
3) Take 1/2 cup of the filling and mix it in with the pears. Add filling to the pie dough.
4) Top the pie with remaining crumble. Bake @ 350F for 50 minutes on a baking sheet.
5) Let cool slightly, serve warm with ice cream. Pie can be reheated if not served right away.
And all the remained was an empty silver tin. This might be one of my favorite combinations to date. This might have to replace my holiday apple crumble.
MEG's RATING - D-EEEEE-LICIOUS