And January is done, time to move on to the month of love, a few birthdays and family day. This was a busy work week. Month end (blah) and a visit to a poultry plant. Yikes in deed, I will spare you all the details on that but I even spared myself from certain areas because I would still like to eat chicken in the future. Certain aspects of the tour were very cool.
Outside of work I was on my own as the hubby was in Ottawa for business. I took this opportunity to do some more baking, have dinner with a friend, skip cooking class and on Monday I went to see Lynn Crawford speak. I added another personalized cookbook to my collection and picked up another signed book for my readers. She was great. I recorded pretty much the entire talk (which I thought was lost on my playbook but I found it last night). A recipe post from the book and wrap up to come in the next few weeks - with the additional cookbook giveaway.
This weekend involves dinner with friends on Saturday (which I need to make dessert for) and the Superbowl on Sunday, also the day before my sister's b-day (which I should make a dessert for). So as always, busy, busy.
Pinterest was going crazy this week. I pinned some Raw Carrot Cake balls last week and my email hasn't stopped. It has been repinned over 400 times! Needless to say I will have to try these. Here are some other amazing things I pinned that deserve just as many re-pins.
1) Gluten free Peanut Butter Cookies by Oh Lady Cakes : http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329953178/
2) Healthy Lasagna w Turkey and Pesto by Cookin' Canuck : http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329934674/
3) Bacon guacamole grilled cheese by Closet Cooking: http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329944665/
4) Asiago Cheese Bagels by How Sweet Eats : http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329953101/
5) Red Velvet Crepes by Taste and Tell Blog : http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329948040/
Have a Sweet Weekend