I am learning to adjust to my new way of blogging. I call it baby on lap blogging. It is how I maintain my blog productivity these days. Baby laying across my legs, laptop on a pillow just within reach beyond baby. It's not ideal for my back but it works. She is such a good helper as well. If you look closely you will she is in her cupcake pj's.
For some reason I like to find ways to put malt powder into baked goods. It adds such a unique flavour. So I figured I couldn't go wrong with these cookies. Pudding cookies always turn out well. I also believe that no matter what every Christmas I must bake with Christmas M&M's. (Case in point - last years cookies M&M Krispie Cookies)
Chocolate Malt Pudding Cookies
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chocolate instant pudding
1/4 cup malt powder
1 large egg
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
3/4 cup Christmas M&M's
1) Preheat oven to 350F
2) In a large bowl or your mixer bowl, add butter and sugar. Beat together until light and well combined.
3) Add pudding mix and malt powder. Beat on low until combined.
4) Add eggs and vanilla until just combined.
5) Add in flour and baking soda. Beat on low until almost combined
6) Add M&M's and beat on low until just mixed in and flour is all combined.
7) Using a small ice cream scoop, add rounds on to a parchment/silpat lined baking sheet. Do not overcrowd, leave at least 2 inches.
8) Bake 11-13 minutes. Cool 1-2 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
I baked these to giveaway, let's just say I might need to make another batch. I don't think they will make it to delivery.
MEG's RATING: D-EEEEE-LICOUS!!