So I have been slacking on the blog front lately. Slacking on all fronts really. I feel like I haven't baked in weeks. Although I did make 3 Coconut Salted Caramel Chocolate Pies for a lady at work, I haven't baked anything new. I think I have thrown myself into pre-vacation mode where I don't really want to do anything. I also seem to also be choosing to venture outside and enjoying this wonderful weather we have been having (off and on). I have also spent barely any time on twitter, pinterest or blog reading. I am now trying to catch up on days worth of my dashboard, bloglovin et all to find out what I have missed over the last week. Uggh..so behind.
Since my plans for excessive mini egg baking have gone out the window with my trip I wanted to give you an awesome Easter pie.
Raspberry Pecan Coconut Pie
(adapted from Anna Olson)
- 1 homemade or premade pie crust
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan peices
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
1) Bake the pie crust as per blind bake instructions. Let cool and place the pie crust on a baking tray.
2) Preheat oven to 325F. Combine eggs, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix together well.
3) Add flour, baking powder, salt, coconut and pecans
4) Fold in raspberries. Pour the mixture into the crust.
5) Bake for 45 minutes, until evenly browned and set. Allow tart to cool completely. Store in the fridge up to 4 days.