Finally Day 10 of my cookies..haha and this is where I end it. I have changed 12 to 10 because 2 more days is not happening. I need to move on from cookies. This is a new year though and I promised my self I would be more organized and diligent to this blog. Forgive me if for the next 365 days I am blaming by poor blog organization on my baby. Say Not Sweet Anne has developed a blog planning template and I think this is what I need to get me organized this year. I am going to download it and do a test run. Wish me luck.
I am slowly in the process of taking down my Christmas decorations. It took me practically a week to put it all up so I am sure it will take me a week to bring it all down. I also never want to take them down. I love my Christmas tree, LOVE it. It sits in my front window, all 9 ft of it and it just glows. My decorations are only red, white and silver and it is just so pretty. Taking it down is just so sad, even my husband who has no crazy Christmas attachment like I do says he loves Christmas tree glow. It is also a great baby distraction right now when she is a little fussy. Can you see I don't really want to do this. I will look at the bright side, the start of a new year means longer days and the thought that summer is on its way.
To end my 10 days of cookies, I ended with I think the best of all. Potentially one of the best cookies I think I have ever made. The title says it all really. Enjoy.
Jumbo Brown Butter Rolo Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen rolos
1) Place the butter in a small saucepan, heat on medium until butter starts to brown and the bubbling stops. Place the a coffee filter in mesh strainer, place over a bowl and pour in the brown butter. This will remove any bits left in the butter.
2) In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt.
3) Add butter and sugars in a large bowl/mixer bowl and beat until well combined.
4) Add egg and vanilla, beating as well on low until just combined.
5) Stir in dry mixture until almost combined, then add frozen rolos and stir until flour combined and rolos are mixed in.
6) Cover the dough and place in fridge for 30-45 minutes.
7) Preheat the oven to 350F. Cover two baking sheets with parchment or silpat. Using a medium scoop, place rounds on the sheets. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet a few more minutes.
8) Place on wire racks to cool completely.
There are no words for these cookies except for LOVE!
MEG's RATING: D-EEEEE-LICIOUS!