We have just booked our first trip with our little. Eek! Can I say I felt a bit of anxiety when I hit the submit button. Our first airplane ride with a baby, of course people do it all the time but I am sure the first one is always overwhelming, yes? Okay Mothers, give me your tips!!! She will be just over 3 months old.
It was my niece's 4th birthday this past week and Disney Princesses and Barbies are taking over. I make her cake every year and a Barbie cake was definitely in order this year. This was my creation. Her favorite colour is purple if you couldn't figure that out.
I have never been a huge shortbread fan. I am mostly a chewy soft cookie fan but over that last little bit they have been winning me over. Buttery, smooth and just melts in your mouth, I am starting to appreciate what they are all about. Adding some peanut butter and some Reese's pieces makes it even better.
Peanut Butter Shortbread
(adapted from Scientifically Sweet)
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Reese's pieces
1) Preheat oven to 300F. In a small bowl mix together flour, potato starch and salt.
2) In a large bowl or your mixer bowl, beat together butter and sugar until well combined and fluffy.
3) Add peanut butter and vanilla and beat on low to combine.
4) Stir in dry mixture and reese's pieces until it all comes together to form a dough.
5) Press into a 9 inch tart pan. Pressing in a few more reese's pieces on top. Refrigerate the dough for approx. 10 minutes.
6) Prick the top of the dough with a fork . Bake for about 30 minutes, until it looks evenly golden. Let cool in pan before slicing.