It has definitely been busy with all these new changes. I think she is also going through a "want mom" stage because some days I can barely put her down for 10 minutes without a fuss. 8-10pm is my crunch time for the blog.
It looks like the rest of this week is going to be a wonderful week weather wise so I am looking forward to some outdoor fun with the little one. What is the best thing to have in hot weather, ICE CREAM of course. My husband and I make a trip to Cold Stone, well more often than we should. My husband always orders the same thing, Mudpie Mojo. It is coffee ice cream with peanut butter, fudge sauce, oreos and almonds. I know, right! All the good stuff. I decided to create this for him
Copycat Mudpie Mojo .aka. Loaded Coffee Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cup 10% cream
- 1 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp glucose
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate sauce
- 1/2 cup crushed oreos
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds, chopped
1) In a medium sauce pan combine cream, milk, coffee powder and glucose. Whisk together. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, bubbles will start to appear on the edges when ready.
2) In a heat proof bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and cornstarch.
3) Once cream/milk mixture is ready, slowly whisk in about a cup of the liquid into the eggs. Whisk while pouring to avoid curdling the eggs.
4) Pour this new egg mixture back into the warm mixture and return to medium heat. Whisking constantly until mixtures begin to thicken. Do not let the mixture boil.
5) Run the mixture through a sieve into a bowl. Cover the liquid directly with saran wrap to avoid a film developing. Place the mixture in the fridge to cool completely.
6) Once ready, place the mixture in your ice cream attachment or machine. Run for about 15-20 minutes.
Place the ice cream in a bowl or your freezer storage container and mix in the peanut butter, chocolate sauce, oreos and almonds. Place in the freezer to set completely.
He ate this in 4 nights, NO JOKE and I had none, other than a few spoonful licks during the photo shoot.