My skin is red. I basically got the burnt the first really nice day. Had a workout outside, went for a long walk with a friend and burnt! It doesn't take me long that's for sure. I am not just burnt, I t shirt and v-neck burn. This means certain shirts show a wonderful line of red and white. Ooops. Hopefully this will mean my burns are done and I will just tan now for the rest of the summer. Not that I really get that tanned, I tend to just be a darker shade of white. It's sad really.
One of the wonderful swag goodies from FBC2013 was Kraft's new peanut butter. I got the Banana Granola Peanut Butter. I immediately knew I wanted to make peanut butter balls. I feel it allows for true appreciation of the peanut butter. Plus with the addition of the granola you would get a nice crunch inside. In my efforts to justify delicious treats I have added some puffed quinoa into these peanut butter balls.
Along with this delicious recipe, I have a giveaway for you. My blogging friend Lisa from Wine and Glue has organized an amazing giveaway to celebrate her birthday week. Myself and many wonderful bloggers have joined in her to give you....
Fill in the rafflecopter below to be entered and please check out all my wonderful blog friends. Tell me your favorite snack ball in the comments below.
Quinoa Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 1/2 cups banana granola peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups puffed quinoa cereal
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 180 grams of dark chocolate
1) In a medium saucepan melt peanut butter and butter.
2) In a large bowl mix together quinoa and confectioners sugar and salt.
3) Pour the peanut butter mixture over the qunoa and mix together, allowing all puffs to be covered.
4) Place the bowl in the fridge to cool and slightly set.
5) Remove from the fridge, using a small ice cream scoop, scoop rounds and roll into balls.
6) Let cool and set again.
7) Melt chocolate over a double boiler. Roll and cover each ball in the chocolate and place on parchment. Put in the fridge to set chocolate and store in the fridge in a airtight container.
My only complaint is I wish I had more.
25 Wonderful Bloggers bringing you this giveaway!
Giveaway runs until Friday May 10th at Midnight, the winner will be drawn Saturday morning.
a Rafflecopter giveaway