So I found out two pieces of sad news in TV land this past week. Two shows I really liked were cancelled, Smash and Go On. Disappointed. Smash was just different. It wasn't a crime/law drama, it was fun and musical. Go On, well I am and always will be a Matthew Perry fan. I always like his shows because it has Matthew Perry sense of humor. Friggin NBC, stop cancelling my shows.
Have you ever had a show you loved cancelled? Complain to me.
These were the cookies I made for the Bake Sale I mentioned a two weeks ago. Carrie ended up raising over $800 for Katie and her family. Pretty amazing. I made these cookies twice. One to test and take pictures several weeks ago and one to send to the wonderful bidder who won these cookies. Let me tell you, it was sad I had to send these cookies away. Crunchy chocolate pretzels, chewy caramel squares in these soft yummy cookies. LOVE.
Chocolate Covered Pretzel & Caramel Cookies
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 large egg, 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped caramel squares
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate covered pretzels
1) Combine flours, baking soda, salt and cornstarch in a medium bowl.
2) In a large bowl or mixer bowl beat together butter and sugars until well combined. Stir in egg and egg yolk.
3) Add corn syrup and vanilla, mixing on low until just combined.
4) Add flour mixture to the wet mixture, mixing on low until almost combined.
5) Fold in caramel and pretzels until all mixed in. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
6) Take out the dough from the fridge and let sit for 10 minutes or so. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment or silpat. Using a small ice cream scoop place cookie mounds on the silpat.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.