I love the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. I can't imagine the time it takes to pair up all those people and organize it and think about the logistics. For those of us that participate we are very thankful. It is such a fun event to participate in. I think all of us get so anxious and excited for cookies to arrive at your door. Who did you get them from? What kind are they? It is so fun waiting.
I got great cookies this year. Coconut Shortbread from In Search of Yummyness, Gingerbread trees from Bakers Beans and Caramel filled Snickerdoodles from What Taste
They were all so delicious. I found 6 new fabulous bloggers and they found me. It is such a great way to find new bloggers and friends.
Espresso Shortbread with Dried Cherries and Almonds
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted, butter
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 3 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup almonds, silivered
- Preheat oven to 375F. Pull out two 9 inch tart pans.
- In a large bowl or mixer bowl beat butter on medium for a few minutes until it is light and fluffy. You want to add air and to keep the cookie light.
- Add both sugar, vanilla and the espresso powder and beat until well incorporated and fluffy.
- Add the flours and salt, mixing on low until almost combined.
- Add cherries and almonds, folding in until just combined.
- Press into the tart pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until edges are golden.
- Let the cookies cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then on a wire rack. Slice into wedges. Store in an airtight container.