Are you an Olympic watcher? I like the Olympics and I like to hear what happened but I can't watch it a lot. Especially live. If I already know what happened I am okay but I find watching it not knowing so nerve racking and intense. I am a flipper, I go back and forth because I can't watch how things turn out I just like to know the outcome. For most of us we will have no comprehension of what it is like to compete in something that huge and I just feel for everyone who doesn't get a medal and excited for everyone that does.
The Olympics definitely are exciting, I will just watch most of it through the wrap up on the nightly news or see my friends updates on facebook.
Take the Superbowl for example. This I can watch because it is just fun even if I barely watch a game all year. Obviously someone has to win and someone has to lose but I always find it so sad for those who don't win. You see the players sitting on the benches, sometimes tearing up, looking so upset they didn't pull out the win. That is clearly how sports are supposed to work, I get it, just tough to watch I guess.
Valentine's day is quickly approaching. Along with Easter, I love desserts around Valentines day because they are often prettier, include fruits and/or are heart shaped. How can you not love things heart shaped? Heart shape= love=happy. Since these special Raspberry Kisses came out special for Valentines day I figured I must figure out a way to bake with them for a pre-valentines day treat.
Frankly, It is hard to go wrong with cheesecake. LOVE!
Raspberry Kiss Cheesecake Bars
- 1 1/2 cups oreo crumbs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- 2 1/2 (8oz) packages cream cheese
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt, plain
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 30 Raspberry Chocolate Hershey's Kisses
- 2-3 oz dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 10 inch sq pan with tinfoil, up all edges.
- Combine crumbs and butter in a medium bowl , until crumbs are well moistened. Press down into pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Warm raspberry jam in the mircowave for 30 secs in a small bowl. Stir and spread over the oreo crust.
- In your mixer bowl, beat with paddle the cream cheese until smooth. Add granulated sugar and beat on medium until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each egg is almost combined. Add in vanilla and yogurt and combine.
- Pour cheesecake filling over the crust. Place the kisses in rows, with a kiss for each square.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Reduce to 300 and bake for 25 minutes. Turn off oven and let sit for an hour. Refrigerate.
- Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle over the top before serving. Cut into squares.