I hate being late, and yet I feel it is happening more and more. I want to say that when my husband is with me it is more him than me, that or I just haven't mastered the art of packing up with a toddler. He thinks it takes less time to get places than it actually does. I also think he never wants to be on time. He doesn't like to be the first person at places, and I hate to be the last.
This morning I got a call from the midwives asking if I was on my way, and I said "not yet" , apparently I was 10 minutes late for my appointment! AAH! According to my phone my appointment didn't start until for another 40 minutes. Do you know how much this drove me crazy. I hate to be the person that throws off the schedule and makes everyone else late. That is why I hate being late, I don't like making other people late or wasting their time. I rushed over and literally had maybe the fastest appointment ever so I didn't cause to much of a disruption. I booked my next three appointments and actually put the time of the appointment in the subject as I fear daylight savings may have adjusted the date in my phone. This could just be an example of my never ending technology curse.
I have another reveal dessert idea coming but with Easter rapidly approaching I couldn't resist picking up some Chocolate Malt eggs. I love chocolate malt balls in general and these are just so pretty, colorful and fun to use this time of year.
Chocolate Malt Banana Cakes
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup malt powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 bananas, ripe and mashed
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup chopped malt balls/eggs
- 4 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray an 8 mini loaf pan with non stick spray or butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, malt powder, baking soda/powder and salt and whisk together.
- In a large bowl or mixer bowl , beat butter until whipped. Add both sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add each egg, one at a time, beating just a minute.
- Add the mashed bananas and mix on low to incorporate.
- Add the dry ingredients in 2-3 additions on low until just combined. Add buttermilk and mix until mixed in.
- Fold in the chopped malt balls. Divide the batter evenly between the 8 mini loafs.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- While cooling heat whipping cream in a small sauce pan until simmering. In another bowl place the chopped chocolate, cover with the whip cream and let sit a few minutes. Stir to combine and melt all the chocolate. Let sit a few more minutes and drizzle over the banana loafs and topped with more chopped malt ball eggs.