Christmas is quickly approaching. Just less than a month, seems a bit crazy doesn't it? As usual I am getting pretty excited and I have started to pull out the decorations and I have 1 of 2 trees up. Decorating the house with two little ones has extended the decorating process for me and it now seems to take a week off and on. I don't really mind, more days of Christmas glee for me.
I am also starting to make my Christmas baking list. Figuring out how many dinners and parties I have, places I will be going, who I can give treats too. It becomes a very lengthy list. Have you made yours yet? Do you make one? If you haven't started myself and several other bloggers are here to help. Have you ever heard about "Butter Baked Goods"? It is a cafe in Vancouver and the owner, Rosie, has also put some of her best recipes into this AWESOME cookbook. It is page after page of drool worthy recipes that will impress any guest at your table.
My bloggers friends and I have gathered together to show you some of these delicious recipes.
I am a bar and cookie girl so I signed myself up to try the Butterscotch Walnut Bars. What a great combo. They have a shortbread base and then a gooey top, loaded with butterscotch chips and walnuts. Delicious. If you are a butterscotch chip fan these are the bar for you. Check out this recipe on page 116. Check out more recipes below from my foodie friends.
We are also giving the chance to win.....
A personally signed Butter Baked Goods cookbook from Rosie as well as a delicious box of goodies from the bakery. Prize is valued at $125.
See below for entry.
See below for entry.
- Jenny from The Brunette Baker made Butter's Classic White Cake and Coffee Buttercream Frosting
- Meg from Sweet Twist of Blogging made the Butterscotch Walnut Bar
- Heather, The Tasty Gardener, made a Raspberry Custard Pie
- Libby of Libby Roach made Vunderbars
- Robyn from Planet Byn made The Dream Slice
- Brittany from My Daily Randomness made Marshmallows + Smores
- Anna from Hidden Ponies made The Dunbar
- Liliana from My Cookbook Addiction made Chocolate Espresso Pound Cake
- Rhonda from Olive & Ruby made Twice a Week Morning Glory Muffins
- Mardi from eat. live. travel. write. made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Kristy from She Eats made Apple Bacon Cheddar Scones
- Sarah from (Cooking for) Kiwi & Bean made Jackson Pollock Popcorn
- Isabelle from Crumb: A Food Blog made Chocolate Pistachio Pound Loaf
- Jo-Anna from A Pretty Life in the Suburbs made Kitchen Sink Bark
- Gwen from Devour & Conquer made Chocolate Honeycomb Brittle
- Jan from Family Bites made Orange Pecan Biscotti
ENTER THE GIVEAWAY:
* Contest open to Canadian & American mailing addresses only and who have reached the age of majority in the province, state or territory in which they reside.
MANDATORY: Simply leave a comment below and tell me your favourite baked treat!
BE SURE to click the widget options below for both mandatory and optional entries because you can’t be entered to win if the widget doesn’t know you’ve done it!
a Rafflecopter giveaway