I came out of hiding to help spread the word on this beautiful new cookbook. I have sort of been on a hiatus these days. There is just honestly not enough time in the day now that I am back to work full time and have the two babes. Well I guess there is time but I just don't always want to spend it baking, photographing and writing. What do I do instead... well some nights I clean (not because I want too), I have been knitting myself a cowl very slowly, I work out 5-6 days a week, and then sometimes I just want to sit on the couch and watch tv. Weekends are full of holidays, birthdays and random events to keep kids busy. And so is life.... but I would rather share with you recipes once a month that pump out garbage every day.
I made several recipes from the book. I made the Chocolate Chip Cookies, the Squirrel Pie, the Pumpkin Loaf and the lemon loaf. The cookies are a great oaty chocolate chip cookie, the coconut in them is an awesome addition. Everyone loved that part. The squirrel pie was for my Hubby's birthday. I tweaked the recipe a touch because it called to be in a 7 inch spring form pan which I have never seen so I multiplied the crust by 1.5 and put it in a 9 inch pan. It was devoured at a family birthday dinner. The pumpkin loaf I made with gluten free flour so a friend could eat it and it also turned out quite good considering I tweaked the flour which can be very iffy in recipes sometimes.
The final recipe I made was the lemon loaf. Rosie says this recipe is the best seller at her bakery. I can see why. I opted out of the lemon glaze on top and it was still wonderful. It's light and tart and I really enjoyed it.
I am not alone in spreading the love on this cookbook. Check out some other amazing recipes from my friends. Oh and I did also mention there is a GIVEAWAY!!! That's right my friends, check out the rafflecopter below and you can win a basket of goodies and your own Butter Celebrates Cookbook.
- Mardi from eat. live. travel. write. made Champagne Cupcakes
- Jenny from The Brunette Baker made Guinness Cake with Pretzels
- Heather from The Tasty Gardener made Cinnamon Heart Cookies, Empire Cookies, Coconut Nest Cookies and Cookie Jar Cookies
- Libby of Libby Roach made Gingerbread Guys
- Robyn from What's Cooking on Planet Byn made Orange Gingerbread Cake
- Jan from Family Bites made Animal Cookies
- Tessa from Style Sweet CA made Chocolate Gingerbread Genoise
- Jacquee from I Sugar Coat It made Eggnog-less Bars
- Christina from Strawberries for Supper made 'Hostess' Cupcakes
- Gwen from Devour and Conquer made Pannetone
- Amanda from Once upon a recipe made Banana Pecan Caramel Cake
- Kelly from Kelly Neil made Peppermint Nanaimo Bars
Winner must answer a skill-testing question.
No purchase necessary to enter.
Giveaway will run from . Winner will be contacted via email and name will be displayed on Rafflecopter widget. Email address will never be given out to any third party or anyone for that matter.
Prize value is approximately $125.
a Rafflecopter giveaway