Today was a big day in the Sweet Twist of Blogging household. The little one moved out of the bucket baby sit and into a big girl car seat. Yep, that is a big day in my life. The cliche of time flies is sad and true. We did run into a bit of a stumble though. Since the seat needs to be rear facing, it is on a special angle and pretty much makes it impossible for anyone to sit in front of it. Who makes these chairs? So after spending a couple hundred on a car seat, we had to spend more money to get this special angle adjuster to give us 4 extra inches of chair room so someone could sit in the front seat. Seriously? You add a wedge to tilt it back and then another one to tilt it forward? Other then that, the chair is great.
With moving to the big girl seat I also get to test out my skills on the "sleeping transfer" I can no longer just let her sleep in the car seat when I get home. Pretty sure leaving her in the car would be frowned upon. (Please sense my sarcasm!!) So, of course on Day 1 in the new seat she falls asleep 10 minutes from the house. So I slowly unbuckled the legs, then gently unbuckled the chest strap, softly pulling out the right arm, softly pulling out the left. I leaned in, slowly moved her head on to my chest and then gently scooped her little body. One eye peaked open, sshh sshh. Closed. Phew. Slowly walking from the car to the house, one eye peaked open, sshh, sshh, closed, phew. I seriously though about just sitting on the couch with her cuddled in my arms and do nothing for an hour. Before I know it those days will be long gone but I decided to be good and let her have a proper crib nap. I went upstairs and did a successful crib transfer. Sweet!
I will treat myself with these delicious cookies. You can really never go wrong with as pudding cookie. I don't bake with cashews much but that new cookbook I have mentioned lately has several cashew recipes so I bought in bulk to bake. This cookie wasn't in that book but I felt the need to use some cashews.
Butterscotch Pudding Cashew Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 90g Butterscotch Pudding powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl or mixer bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Beat on medium to combine.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low until almost combined.
- Add cashews and white chocolate chips until just combined.
- Cover the mixture with saran wrap and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Using a small scoop place rounds on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cookies with get lightly golden. Let cool on a wire rack.